Ongoing (Nov. 23rd - Dec. 23rd) at the Widget Art Gallery for IPhone, IPad and osx-Dashboard: "Strange Attractors" by Daniel Rehn + Sarah Caluag.
Clint Sprott (b. 1942) is a professor of physics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In the 1990s, he used his own software to generate several hundred “strange attractor” images. For this exhibition, Daniel Rehn and Sarah Caluag have isolated ~150 of these forms (originally created 1996-99) and placed them inside the Widget Art Gallery. Artist website.
Exhibitions and conferences:
- OUT NOW: "And one day, boom: the pavilion of exploded reality!" at The Wrong Biennale of new media art, São Paulo.
- MWA - Museums and the Web, Hong Kong. December 9 - 12, 2013 (Widget art gallery)
Arts in Society : "The Lives of Art". Sapienza University of Rome, 25-27 June 2014. (Widget art gallery).
Papers and interviews:
- OUT NOW: "Nueva, híbrida y... equivocada" on El Pais (Cultura 3 NOV 2013,) by Roberta Bosco.
- OUT NOW: Thirty Virtual Pavilions for a New Digital Biennial, on ARSHAKE by Elena Giulia Rossi.
The video of the talk I gave at Media Art History 5th - RENEW, Riga
- Artam Global Art & Design Magazine. issue: Nov. '13; interview by Didem Sandikci.
- " The Widget Art Gallery" Computer Arts Magazine (Fothcoming).
- 'Ideasonair.net-blogging as an open art project', IPad e-Book (Forthcoming).